“Specialized critic said that he is brutal, radical. He dances with fury and from the guts. Naked. An exorcism. But this Flamenco dancer never loses his elegance, the style that is his hallmark.”
Eduardo Guerrero Gonzalez (Cádiz, 1983) began dancing when he was just six years old at Carmen Guerrero’s School in Cádiz, where he forged the base of his dancing career that he then further developed with professional dancers such as Mario Maya, Antonio Canales or Manolo Marín among others.
He studied Spanish Dance in Cádiz at the conservatory of music, and afterwards he extended his contemporary and classic dance knowledge with David Greenall and Montserrat Marín.
It was in 2002 when he started to work with major artists on the national scene who valued Eduardo’s physical ability, flawless technique and evident quality developing leading roles in: the company of Aída Gomez, Eva La Yerbabuena, Rocio Molina, The Spanish Ballet directed by Javier Latorre, Amador Rojas’ dance company, Antonio Canales, David Palomar…
In 2011, he was awarded him first prize by the Professional Conservatories for a choreography he created, called ‘Mayo’. Since then, Eduardo began a solo career taking over the creation of his own performances:
- Suite Flamenca 2011 premiered in Cádiz.
- De Dolores, premiered on February 23, 2012 at the Festival de Jerez.
- Las Minas premiered in 2013, at Festival Cante de Las Minas, la Union, Murcia.
- Re-torno premiered in 2014 at Teatro de la Abadía in la Suma Flamenca, Madrid.
- El Callejón de los Pecados premiered on September 12, 2014 at the Flamenco Biennial of Seville.
- Desplante premiered on April 13 and 14, 2015, at the Theater of the City of Monterrey, Mexico.
- Qualitätskontrolle premiered at Amsterdam Der Kappel in November 2016
- Guerrero premiered on February 10 and 11, 2017 at the Teatro Mayor in Bogotá (Colombia).
- Faro premiered in the tour that I made in August 2017 for 15 lighthouses in Spain.
- Sombra Efímera premiered on September 15 and 16, 2018 at the Rector’s Office of the University of Seville at the XX Flamenco Biennial of Seville.
- Sombra Efímera II presented on February 27, 2019 at the T.Villamarta – XXIII Festival of Jerez. the premier with the final version will be December 1st 2019.
Among the numerous awards that endorse his career, we mention the First Dance Prize of the prestigious Las Minas de la Unión Festival 2013, which marked his consecration. In 2017 his show Guerrero wins the Audience Award of the Jerez Festival. Actually,
Actually, Eduardo combines his tours with the creation of a new work together with the artistic director Mateo Feijoo (at present director of the Matadero de Madrid). This is a long process of artistic research that forms a trilogy that began with “Qualitätskontrolle”, 2016 in Amsterdam, the 2nd “Sombra Efímera” premiered at the Flamenco Biennial of Seville in 2018 and he is working in the most ambitious: “Sombra Efímera II” that will be premier at Teatro de la Maestranza in Seville, December 1st 2019.
Right now is this great dancer’s moment. His contemporary aesthetics, refined technique, profound knowledge of the Flamenco essence, his artistic talent and powerful force, places Eduardo Guerrero among the greatest names of the International Dance scene.
Specialized critic said that he is brutal, radical. He dances with fury and from the guts. Naked. An exorcism. But this Flamenco dancer never loses his elegance, the style that is his hallmark.